- Full Time
We are seeking an organized, efficient Accountant with an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy. The Accountant will assist with database and record maintenance, as well as, the preparation of financial reports and deposits. Strong Excel skills and a thorough understanding of accounting and financial principles is essential for this role. Accountants can expect to communicate with donors, students, office staff and internal departments. Therefore, the candidate should be professional and courteous at all times.
• Performs routine professional accounting duties requiring limited independent judgment.
• Monitors, audits and reconciles departmental accounts.
• Researches and creates new accounts and codes, as needed.
• Prepares journal transactions in order to balance accounts, reconcile errors and take the necessary corrective actions.
• Advises management of cash deficits.
• Prepares audit schedules in support of internal and external audits.
• Maintains databases and assimilates financial and statistical data.
• Prepares routine operational and statistical reports.
• May assist with computer operations for the department.
• May coordinate invoice preparation relating to payables and/or receivables.
• Performs ad hoc tasks as requested.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
• Responsible for managing cash operations of financial aid scholarship funds with oversight from the Associate Director of Financial Operations.
• Manage Financial Aid item type setup, including funding category maintenance used in Financial Aid reporting.
• Assists in resolving system support requests and troubleshooting.
• Process external scholarship funds in accordance with GAAP.
• Coordinate ACH transactions including all Financial Aid fund transfers.
• Perform accounting transactions for all financial aid and affiliated accounts/projects.
• Assist the Associate Director with project balances in accordance with GAAP.
• Prepare Financial Aid account reconciliations.
• Assist with audit tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
• Detail-oriented, Independent thinker.
• PeopleSoft Financials experience.
• Microsoft Excel proficiency (V-lookup, Pivot tables).
• General ledger experience.
• Experience handling large volume transactions.
• Higher Education experience.
• Skilled multi-tasker with excellent time management, communication, and proven analytical skills.
• Ability to provide effective and responsive service to customers and contacts.
• Preform all assigned tasks efficiently and accurately while creating and maintaining accurate records.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects within a fast-paced environment.
• Identify and resolve problems or issues with students, staff, and clients.
• Understand and abide by all office and accounting procedures and principles.
• Have a commitment to behaving ethically in the workplace.